Saturday, March 7, 2009

First Time For Everything...


OK Everyone! (A Common Greeting in Dominica)

I never really know how to start off these blogs so I guess I will start them with a simply Greeting! Anyways... two first happened today, the first being attending the Market in the Roseau. Man oOo.. Man.. it sure was a lot of fun. There was over 50 different stands of individuals selling their goods. A lot of the stands had similar items because it is simply the veggies and fruits that are in season at the moment a long with Fruit. It was a very busy area with all of the individuals selling and buying. It also was calm because the vendors were not pressuring you to buy their items rather just standing there waiting for you to approach them. Mango are just becoming into to season and I am SOOO excited- they are yummy in Dominica because they are so FRESH and have a very sweet taste to them. I have found that Dominica has a lot of starchy foods and a bread truck. There are numerous different veggies (that all look the same) that taste similar to a potato. There is even a banana looking fruit that cooks and taste like a potato, they are called figs. The Market was an adventure and we ended the Market experience that started at 7:00AM with some ice cream from a local shop. Passion Fruit ice cream may be my new favorite.


Second first thing today was I said it was Chilling today. Yes, you read correctly it was chilling today once the sun went day. The day was very warm with the sunny shinning and the moment the sun went down, the wind picked up and it became chilling. See I live on top of the moment so it is about 5 degrees cooler then it would be in Roseau which is at the bottom of the Mountain. The ladies in the house were REALLY cold because they were not use to the chill at all.


There is currently limited running water in the house which means I am going to church in the morning without a shower... OoO Well..
Hope everyone enjoys their day!
Peace and Love

M

2 comments:

Jen Holt said...

all that fresh fruit looks great!
miss you!

cougar said...

i wonder if the mangos there are like the ones in the philippines. if they are, they are definitely yummy!