Saturday, June 27, 2009

Joys of 6/26 and 6/27

Joys 6/26
1. Meeting some PCVs in Town
2. Not that Micheal Jackson dieing (RIP) was a Joy but the stores in Town were Jamming out to MJ music ALL Day!
3. A Non-Schedule Afternoon Visit
4. A Wonderful Three Year Old that sang me the ABC Song about 20 times and kept me company while I was waiting for my Laundry
5. The Same Wonderful Three Year Old helping me hang up my cloths while working on her colors
6. Once again the same Beautiful Three Year being Vexed when I was leaving because she wanted to come with me
7. BBQ dinner- There is a woman in the Village who cooks BBQ every Friday and Saturday- it is DELICOUS!
8. Developing a dance while waiting for the Chicken to Cook

Joys 6/27
1. Sleeping In
2. The Bar/Shop Playing Fantastic Local Music All Day- I live right across the street so I am able to fully enjoy the Music!
3. A Great Helper for the Two Cakes I have to make for the Birthday Party Tomorrow!
4. Getting My Hair Corn Rolled!
5. Low Key Day but Productive!
6. Learning how to Make Homemade Pizza Dough for the Birthday Party Pizzas!
7. The Sunshine!
8. Last but NOT LEAST My Biggest Joy- We Will Just Say- Lots of Cake Dough, Side Walk Chalk, Card Games (THANKS MOM- Those cards come in handy often), Music, Homemade Pizza on Wheat Rolls, Coloring, and non-demanding Company by an AMAZING 14 year old and 6 year old- and having the 6 year old walk with a Mango to even out the sugar he had! Basically I could not of asked for a better afternoon!

I need your Help my lovely readers! I am having a Fourth of July Party for my Landlords Daughter and Her Friend- What are you favorite Foods/Desserts that you have on the Fourth of July? I am thinking S Mores, Hot Dogs, Pasta Salad, Red/White/Blue Jello, Water Melon, what am I missing? HELP PLEASE!!

1 comment:

gjmj4 said...

what about hamburgers or Aunt Sue's famous "Trail Mix"??? Can you do sparklers??
I will anxiously await pixs of your corn rolls. Good Luck with tomorrow's birthday party. I am sure it will be a hit.