
This is one of the Post Secrets (http://postsecret.blogspot.com/) from the past Sunday. Sometimes I read the Secrets and think to myself- "This Secret was written just for ME" This is one of the those Secrets for me. While in the Peace Corps, I may never make the paper, the radio, or the news website for what I have done in Dominica and the Youth. I am OK with that. While I am here it is about the little things and changes I make. I am not here to change a WHOLE society and the social norms (who I am to say how the individuals of Dominica should run their island- in my eyes they are doing a FINE job) rather it is about touching the soul of ONE child, having a conversation with someone who may have not had a visitor in days, hold the hand of a child as you are walking down the street, pulling out a sticker for the little one that just said their ABC, 123s, and the days of the week or the child that comes over to sit on your couch- not really say a word but color his/her soul away. I believe little acts can change the world- all people need to do is simply, small acts of kindness and one day we will ALL see BIG Change!
1 comment:
Wow, GREAT posts!!!!!
Post a Comment