Joys of June 29, 2009
Today I went to the Cabrits National Park with my the whole School that I am attached to. The Cabrits National Park is an open-air museum on the north-west coast of Dominica. A long with the National Park there is Fort Shirley. Fort Shirley was built in the 18th-century as a military installations in the West Indies. There is Four different trails that offer different views of the West Coast of Dominica. My Grade Four student took the easiest trail that dropped us right off on top of Fort Shirley.
Joys
1. Meeting a new student for the first time today. Let me explain to you this amazing little lady. She is a Grade Four student that stands around 4 feet tall and pushing 60 pounds but can eat as much as a 400 pound man. She may be a little lady but she knows exactly what she wants and has no problem calling you out on whatever you may be saying. At the age of nine she is a strong, opinion girl with a style all her own. She reminds me of the stereo-type “New Yorker”
2. Going on a little hike through the Cabrits National Park
3. Being outside all day
4. A nice run down to my old village and then a fast walk up (I cannot yet run uphill)
5. Finishing a Birthday Cake for one of my the ladies I work with
6. A Surprise Visitor at my Door Step that I have not seen in a few weeks maybe even a month (I already had a bad since of time and now that I live in Dominica it is even worse)
7. Randomly running to one of my PCVs in Town
I found that in the past few blogs I have mentioned a lot about unexpected this, random this, and surprise that. It seems this is turning into my life and I could not be happier. I enjoy life that is random and unexpected the most. I wake up every day knowing what location I am going to but I do not necessary know what is going to happen while I am there, who I will meet, what joys will come my way, or the stressors that may develop. That is what keeps life interesting and exciting. You have to be ready for anything and helps to remind you that the dishes can wait so you can chat with a friend, or you may miss a show because you are chatting. What is most important is the human contact, the conversations that may seem pointless but are developing friendship, and random drop by that make you smile from your soul!
Coming Soon... the Faces of Dominica....
2 comments:
Another GREAT post !!! i am going to be out of business soon. heheh!!! lots of love, mom
we didnt even make the top 7?
Post a Comment