I cannot believe it is already 2010! For me that is crazy to think! I have almost been living on Dominica for ONE YEAR! It as almost been ONE YEAR since I have hugged my mother, held my nephew, laughed with my Brother in-law, been shopping with my bestest, and hung out my sister! On January 2, 2010, it will be 11 months since I have first placed my feet on the beautiful soil of Dominica!
New Years Eve was a very calm and content day for me! I had a PCV from Grenada staying with me from December 26, 2009 to January 3, 2010. Myself, Alicia (A PCV in DA), and Alyssa (PCV from Grenada), spent the day on the beach, the weather was not the greatest, it was a little raining and what not, but we made it work! Then we all came back to my house to make dinner, hang out, and bring in 2010! We made an amazing Eggplant Lasagna, Sautéed fresh veggies from the Shoppe owner’s farm, and some tostadas (Fried Plantain (Part of the Banana Family) with a Ketchup, Mayo, and garlic sauce)! VERY Good!!
Since we are one hour behind New York, we watched celebrated News Year Day twice! Once for Dominica time and then again for New York time! Again, like all Holidays, it was bittersweet! I was grateful to be with Alicia and not by myself, but every year I spent it with my Bestest Beth and then this year it was just a phone call/text!
No comments:
Post a Comment