1. Austin’s Smile, him waving to me even as he is melting down, and his wonder and awe of the world around him
2. My Mom, Jennifer (Sister), and Calendars. You are wondering how all three are related well, my sister made me a Calendar with pictures of the family, Austin, etc and my mom gave me an agenda I can carry around with me. One of the many amazing things about the both of them is their attention to detail. As I was looking through the Calendar from Jennifer, I started noticing not only American Holidays but also Dominican Holidays. It almost made me cry (In a good way) and warmed my heart to see how she took the time to look up the Holidays put them on the Calendar and that she recognized how I am living in both worlds (kind of). Then my mother. I was sitting with a friend and he was telling me about things to do in Barbados and I was flipping through my Calendar and saw my Mother had wrote little messages on random days throughout the agenda. I cannot want for the time to come again when I see those messages, and I have a feeling I will need a little smile when the weeks come!
3. The little boy at the pizza place today that was simple striving for attention. I opened up a gateway for him by simply saying hello and before I knew it he was holding my hand and as I walked away he was like “Look Me!”
4. Having a filled house! I had some of the PCVs stay at my house; it is amazing to not be a lone!
5. Having the after school programme back in swing after the Holidays
6. Items falling into place for the volleyball tournament I am co-planning
7. The ability for me to see how I am gaining more patience, a stronger back bone, and a different character
8. Danny Cox’s CD
9. My Host Mom!
10. The Sunset, the stars, and every moment in between!
11. My Flip-flops
12. Finding PRETZEL!! My Withdrawals have been taken care of !
13. Less then a Month until the Family is re-united!
14. The women in my Therapy Group! They spark a fire of passion in me similar to the ladies I use to work with in the States. It is like I am alive again!
2 comments:
too sweet! I am glad you noticed the Dominica holidays- I kept meaning to ask you if you did!
Great blog Michelle!! I can feel a lot of confidence in your writing today!! Glad you love your calendar AND agenda. Twenty-five more days until non-stop hugs, giggles, chit-chat and fun fun, fun
in the sun!!!!!!
Post a Comment