
OoO Mine! Where do I even begin! It feels like a long time since I have blog and a lot has happened. It is the Holiday Season with a little Dominica Twist. The Elections are finally over and for about a week we (Dominicans) can actually celebrate the Christmas Season and not be totally concerned with the Elections anymore. The Elections were on December 18, 2009 and the unofficial results were announced on the same day! The final day, Saturday, the OFFICIAL results were announced. On Friday, some of my friends and I had a Poker/Election party at my friends's home! It was a ROIT! The Dominicans that were over have never played poker before but rather just watched it on TV. Myself and other PCV (mostly the other PCV, Austin) taught them all how to play. I know a little bit how to play but not really! My friends loved it, we did not play for real money but used chips and all of that good stuff! My friends caught on really fast and after all of it they were like, ‘Now I understand a little more of what I see on TV!’ It was fun to share a little of American Culture and fun with my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment