We will start with Bad News First:
Some of you may have known that I was training with the National Team! It was excited and a lot of fun! I was looking forward to traveling to St. Lucia to represent Dominica at the National Level for my favorite sport! I wanted to put on the Jersey and would wear it with pride. Unfortunately, the Volleyball Association is putting into place a rule that states something a long the lines of, a player must live in the country for 5 years or have a Dominican Passport! Well... I do not have either of those! I am eligible (I think) for a Dominican Passport, but they are VERY expensive and it is not with it! I will play with the amazing Local League, I am on now and be happy with that! I will still support and cheer on my National Team Women!
Now the Good News...
I LOVE Caribbean Food but NEVER cook it! It is hard to cook, I don't have the energy and it is hard to cook just a small portion of it! But I had to stop at my Coach's home before he gave me a ride to my home. As I was drinking a LOVELY cup of Guava juice we started talking about Food as his wife was preparing lunch for tomorrow! (Lunch in Dominica is the BIGGEST meal of the day!) Then we started talking Macaroni Pie (Backed Macaroni and Cheese!)I love some really good Mac Pie! He gets this smile on his face and gets out a Gladware and basically gives me enough food for myself for 2 meals! I was so grateful for his hospitality and good cooking! It still simply amazes me the selflessness of the people of Dominica! It is one of the many characteristics I hope to bring home with me! The open door and open kitchen policy must Dominican families have! There is always food on the stove because you know someone will be stopping by for some! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment