Friday, March 26, 2010

“I wish I enjoyed anything as much as my children enjoy Bubbles!”

The above is a quote from the movie “Knocked Up!” I forgot to tell you all this, a few weeks past I decided to make ‘Homemade Bubbles’ with the after school students! We did our craft outside (which I later realized was a HUGE trick and since then they ask me, Miss are we doing crafts outside today!) and I put the students into smalls groups! I tried to make it like a science experiment but having them guess what the items were, mixing it together and what not! I also, got some food coloring so they could color their bubbles!

The students picked out their pipe cleaner to make their wad for bubbles and then I cut out some various shapes for the students as well! That did not last very long and before I knew it the students had their hands all up in the bubble mixture using their hands to make HUG bubbles! It was working better so I just went with it! All I could hear was ‘Miss Look!’ ‘Miss Miss!’ By the end of the craft the students were covered Head to Toe with bubbles and ENORMOUS smiles on their face!

No comments: