The alarm was supposed to go off around 4:00AM but instead the phone rang with the driver on the other end at 5:00AM! We were in the Van (which is really a truck) by 5:15AM and on the trail a little after 6:00AM! On the way to Boiling Lake it was still a little gloomy with some rain but it was good because it kept the hike cool! We got to the lake around 8:00AM to have some breakfast and take a little break! Then it was time to go back down! It is very rewarding to get to the Boiling Lake but you know you still have two plus hours of hiking plus you have to get out of the ‘Valley of Desolation!’ Which is this heck of a hike to get out of! It is comparable to do the Stair Stepper at the hardest level for about 30mins! But once you get out of the Valley it is smooth sailing!

Around 11 we were finished and enjoying a REALLY REALLY cold lake, worse than Lake Huron! Overall, it was an AMAZING as always! I am hoping to do it five times before I leave. I have done it twice so far, two more times when friends of mine come to visit, and I will just need one more time so each my goal of five!

I am looking forwarding to doing it again when my friend Jessica, who I graduated from the Social Work program with and her mother come down in May! They planned on coming to Dominica before Jessica even knew I was doing the Peace Corps here! I am looking forwarding to experiencing the hike with her and getting one more hike closer to my goal of FIVE!
No comments:
Post a Comment