When I was talking to my Lovely Mother on Monday she scolded me for not updating my blog in a while (AKA a WEEK!), I am on high demand! Anyways, here I am with a little update on the weekend! Just so you all know, I am currently listening to Micheal Jackson, Pretty Little Young Thing! :)
This Weekend was a GREAT weekend! I went to the eastern most point of Dominica and way into the North! I was just one traveling girl! We went to Julie's Village to Celebrate a Belated Birthday for her as well as the Peace Corps one year anniversary of being on Dominica! See the sigh below that the lovely Shoppe Owner made for us! It was very sweet of him!
Also, I went on an event with the Rotaract Club of Roseau. They are a non-profit group of young professionals between the age of 18-30, that do various service learning projects throughout Dominica as well as different education sessions. This week was Rotaract Week, so the group is doing even more projects. We went to the North of the island and attended a church sessions to donate two hampers (baskets) of food, house items, and personal items to a needy family in the church. After the Church service was over we went to a beach to just free up and lime. We played a few games of Rounders; boys vs girls of course! I am not sure who won because we did not keep score!
After the beach, a few of us went to the Cabrits National Park I have been there before but never at night so it was amazing to see the sunset from the amazing view behind the mountains!
1 comment:
Always a pleasure to read your blog!!! Thank you for the smiles. Love and miss you lots, mom xoxox
Post a Comment