Tonight I was able to go to the Football game at the new Stadium in Dominica. For those of you that do not know "Football" is really soccer but they call it Football similar to other countries. About 3ish years ago China gave Dominica a WHOLE LOT of money and assistance to build a new Football and Cricket Stadium. It is located right in the capital town and absolutely beautiful. There was a GREAT showing at the game tonight. Dominica ended up losing 5-0 but it was still a lot of fun. I went with my host family and another Peace Corp Volunteer. Below are some pictures from the game.
My parents went to Dominica about 2 years ago and Mr. ChuChu took a picture of the building being built so there is a before and after effect. Enjoy the pictures...
I am off to bed now. I am going to be with the preschoolers tomorrow so I need ALL the energy I can have so I can match their energy!

3 comments:
hope the "little ones" don't wear you out. glad you enjoyes the "football" game. the stadium looks beautiful
aunt pat
hi michelle
make sure you go see a cricket game..probaly very interesting
kevin
The stadium is very cool!!! I was to busy being "motion sick" when we visited the stadium in progess on our cruise. Miss you lots and lots, Mom
Post a Comment