Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Joy!

I was thinking about JOY this weekend! What an amazing emotion to have! It is so simply but then some people rarely experience that true and pure joy young children have. I was thinking about- what gives Michelle JOY! If some one where to ask me that say a month or two ago and I can say the answers would be totally different. My answer would be around seeing/touching/hug my nearest and dearest, going to Grand Rapids to see my bestest from GVSU, the random events and people that I may see walking around RO but not anymore. Those are not options anymore for me but there are these new random, wonderful, pure, simple, and basic events that happen in my life everyday that offer me JOY and puts my heart at ease if I allow myself to truly take the moment in.

Here are some things that just make my soul happy:
- When I a Drink Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice- I know it is freshly squeezed not because that is what the carton says but because I squeezed it myself and I personally know the farmer that picked the oranges the other day!
- This Kid Below. I met him at a Birthday Party. He is Three and Picked a flower for me. It was pure thoughtfulness.

- A Pink Slip- While if you are not a PCV/T (Peace Corp Volunteer/Trainee) this means nothing to you but for us it means we have a PACKAGE!! To see the faces of the PCV/T simply let up when the Pink Slip is in their mailbox
- Sitting eating dinner outside in March watching the Sun fall into the Caribbean Sea
- E-Mails from my nearest and dearest even when I did not write them
- Hugs and excitement when I walk into my school attachment
- My Nephew- When I call him on Skype and He Smiles and Giggles At Me

- Falling Asleep under a blanket of stars outside

- Laughing until I cried while watching my Host Mother run from a wave while she was also laughing!
- My Family because they are the MOST SUPPORTIVE individuals!

2 comments:

AP said...

we wish you all the "JOY" in the world


AP & UT

gjmj4 said...

What a wonderful blog entry!!!

I promise your turn will come sooner or later (hopefully sooner) to get a pink slip in your mailbox and experience that kind of JOY!! Lots of Love and Hugs from your biggest fans. M & D