Sunday, March 22, 2009

Put Your Floatie On We Are Going....

SWIMMING!!
That is right!! On Saturday my host family and I went to Mero Beach which is in the Southwest of the Island to go swimming. Let me tell you- it was a simply BLAST. It was also very unique experience. I am use to the sand being a tan brown color. Since Dominica is a volcanic island the "Sand" is black and a little bigger then I am use to. Also, the beach is not very big, I would say it was only sand covered for about 10 feet. A person could not play sand volleyball that is for sure because at times the larger waves would come all the way to were the wall was and there was no more sand.

Because we went to the Southwest side of the island we were swimming in the Caribbean Sea which is suppose to be calmer then the Atlantic Side but I am not really use to seeing waves but the waves were pretty high. They "folded" over my head. Speaking of that- the Sea and I fought and the Sea won and my arm and back got scratched on the bottom of the Sea. I came out alive with just a few scratches and a mouth full of Sea Water. So after that I just hung out on the sand and the got wet when the after effects of the larger waves got me wet! After the Sea we went to the River where there is fresh water. The water was COLD! I had goose bumps on my body. I rinsed off the salt and hung out with Chocolate in the sun as we were drying.

By this time it was getting dark so we headed out and got some ice cream. Strawberry and Fruit Salad- YUMMY!!! It is "Top of the Line" ice cream. It taste a lot like homemade ice cream. Very creamy and has a little bit of a ice texture to it. Then we stopped one more time for some "Bakes" the best way I can describe these is a deep-fried roll. They are delicious- very bad for you but GREAT tasting!

That was my adventure for my Saturday! I am off to a birthday party! Enjoy the pictures!! LOVE And You Miss You Guys!

3 comments:

Jen Holt said...

how fun! we wish we were there with you!

gjmj4 said...

Wow, what an experience in the water!!! Glad you made it to land without a major incident!!! Did it bring back childhood memories of Florida?? yummy salt water.

AP said...

love the toe nails
who waves are bigger port sanalic or
the carabian