So I am in the process (a slow process) of reading “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert. I am at about Page 40 but it is an amazing Honest book about a Woman that gets a Divorce and then travels to Italy, India, and Indonesia for a year to rediscover herself. It is a very well-known book. Anyways, I was reading this section about how she is explaining how some individuals are simply amazing travels and others like herself are not so amazing travelers but still love to do it. I just wanted to share with all of you a little part of her explanation that really touched home to me and I could relate to what she was sharing:
“ My Shaky sense of direction and geography means. I have explored six continents in my life with only the vaguest idea of where I am at any given time. Aside from my cockeyed internal compass... My face is a transparent transmitter of my every thought. And when I am LOST, which is frequently, I LOOK lost. I have my own set of survival techniques. I am patient. But my one mighty travel talent is that I can make friends with ANYBODY... even the dead”
No comments:
Post a Comment