Joys of May 7, 2009
1. Wearing first time wore cloths- You think that is not that cool but there is something with wearing cloths for the first time!
2. My Grade Four students telling me, “I Like Your Weave.”
3. Bright and SUNNY day!
4. Lot of Hugs and Smiles during break time from the youngsters!
5. Being able to sit down and work with students one-on-one with what they were struggling with
6. Having an AMAZING best friends that sent me my Horoscope from my FAVORITE magazine and it was on point to my life at the moment!
7. Two Cards! (Thank You Mom and Dad and Aunt Rose/Uncle Greg)
8. Not having to wait for a bus on my way up! (That always makes me happy because sometimes you have to make for a while for the buses to fill up before they will take you up to the village)
9. Another successful day of “Big Readers, Little Listeners”- I even got to read to the little ones!
Normally, I just do Joys but today I am going to do a frustration because it just happened. I just blow out my little box for my Internet because of the difference in Electrical currents. I know more about Volts and Watts then I ever thought possible. It is hard to kept track of it and I plug in the wrong cord to my surge protector and before I knew it, there was a little bit of smoke (very little), and my box for the Internet is DONE. I do not understand why everyone and every country can just run on the same current or make the stuff so you do not need all of these transformers and extra little things in the outlet. I am over it- I feel better now- it really is not that big of a deal- I will just have to get a new one and I am glad it did not harm my computer or cause a fire. Now I can focus back on my Joys!
Also- Referring back to the previous Blog- for those of you who do not know, DMB stands for Dave Mathews Bands.
My Picture of the Day made me smile. It is a picture of the famous KFC in town right next to the fresh market where people are starting to step up for the three days of selling. (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) It is just a unique image of Dominicans living the life they have always lived by selling their fresh fruits and veggies in the Market and then a little piece of America came and brought a KFC.
No comments:
Post a Comment