Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



PostSecret SUNDAY!! (See My Favorite Weekly Post Secret Above). Today is a normal Sunday for me. Sundays in my village are days where individuals visit other family members or friends. It is very low key kind of relaxed day. Even though I have very strong antsy characteristics I am slowly learning to appreciates Sundays in my village and use it as a day to clean a little, bake a little, walk a little, and RELAX a WHOLE lot.

It DOWN POURED as I was walking to and from Church this morning. I am very grateful it is only about a 2 to 3 minute walk for me. Today is a little sunny, a little gloomy, is raining a little, and is filled with a WHOLE lot of FLIES on my front porch for some reason. So I will be spending most of my day sitting and reading “Eat, Pray, Love” and drinking A LOT of Cocoa Tea with the small of FRESH Banana and Plantain bread in the oven. I might try to make some homemade Pumpkin, Dashien (It is a potato/yam veggie), and veggie soap this evening, I will let you know how it turns out.

To all the Mothers and women who may not have “biological” children but are positive role models, care givers, and interact with children in one form or another, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! Because of all of us women, our next generation will be just a little brighter, have role models to follow and examples to live by.

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for showing me how to be a STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, AND CARING LITTLE LADY!