A random little fact for all of you is, Dominica has 365 Rivers (I am Determined To Count Each and Everyone!), enough for, one for each day of the Calender Year! On Friday Dominica Added Three New Rivers to the Count!
Like mentioned previously, I had a Bi-Annual Meeting to attended in a village called Castle Bruce which is in the Southeast of the Island. On our way there it started to rain, I would say a moderate rain, while we were there it was raining moderately on and off the whole afternoon (more on then off) and when we were leaving it was raining once again. So needless to say, it pretty much rained all late morning into early evening! Our faithful, safe, reminds me a little of a driver in Western Civilization (which is a good thing), is driving the 45 minute to an hour drive back to town. We are driving, it is raining no problem, then we reach about 6 miles outside of town and we STOP! Side Note (how the island is, you can see town from where we are) OoO My... there is a TRAFFIC JAM in Dominica! This is one is bad- it reminds me of 696 (or 95 (I hope that made you Smile Mom and Dad), when they shut down all lines but one and it is 8:00AM in the Morning! People are not moving and cars are PARKED on the Side! After inquiring with individuals who are walking around we find out there is a Large and In charge 'River' who has over taken the road. Well, our faithful driver with his Western Civilization style, cuts off the people that are just hanging out so we can go through the FIRST of THREE 'Rivers'! The Pond is about 50 Yards Long and the water comes up to our Bumper! Success! 'River' One CONQUERED! Then We Wait in Yet another Line, to Take on 'River' Number Two- 'River Number Two- not So Long, and Not So Deep! Our Jeep and our great driver- went right through it like it was nothing! Then There is 'River' Number THREE- This I would say was the Deepest- about the same length as the second one- We are Driving through then traffic STOPS! So We are Hanging out in middle of the 'River' for I would say about 5 Minutes! After our little delay, River THREE SUCCESS! We are on solid ground- heading back to town with no other slow downs! After about 2 hours I was at my bus stop on my way up to my home!
No comments:
Post a Comment