Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First time for everything... I would say so (Part 2 of 3)

Which brings me to my THIRD First! On Sunday Morning, after walking about a third of a way to town, about 20 minutes, we made it to Roseau, to Windsor Park where they had there first every international Cricket Match. West Indies vs Bangladesh, it was West Indies “B” team, some politics were related to the “A” team not going, contract related but anyways. It starts at about 9:30AM ending around 4:30PM. Yes it is a LONG day in the HOT HOT HOT sun! Every time I learn just a little more about the game, the rules, and the scoring. I will not even try to break it down for you. If you are interested Google “Rules of Cricket.” West Indies lost by 52, which is not A LOT but it is a pretty bad lose. I would say it is about the same as if the Detroit Pistons would lost by around 15 or 20 points. It was a lot of fun! Dominica has a simply spirit to them, a local phase is “Free-Up!” It basic means, loosing up, do not take life to seriously, and enjoy yourself with no worries! Simply focus on the joys of the present, tomorrow will take care of itself. There was a little band of “Drummer Boys” in our section who were a blast and let one of the PCVs blow their horn and other PCVs was drumming for a moment! I went with all of the PCVs. We just got “Grounds” seats which is similar to “Lawn” seats at a Concert. Even with my umbrella covering me, I still got burned a little but it is healing well. Tuesday got declared a “National Holiday” because there is another Cricket game and the government wants people to attend the match. Then Monday Happened.... (See tomorrow post for the story)

No comments: