Thursday, July 2, 2009

Activity: "Arts and Expressions; Changing Lives"

Here is some information about my First BIG Activity! I love Summer Time and one of the BIGGEST reasons beside the sunshine is for SUMMER CAMP! So I was thrilled to find out that I was going to assist in the planning and running of the two week long Summer Camp! Below is details regarding the camp! Thank You to Delroy (the Director) who posted this on his blog and I just copy and pasted the information!



My Worksite is putting together a two-week summer camp for children between the ages of 5 and 13. The camp is expected to develop their creative juices and assist in the holistic development and social interaction of the kids.
The children will be exposed to a wide range of activities and programs including arts and craft, music, dancing, drama and some educational programs (spelling bee, reading, presentations, etc). We will also be going to the Gardens to do Sports and Rec, a Scavenger/Trivia Hunt,and have an English Group come in to do reading activities with the younger students. In addition to my self I will have 6 amazing young adults (College and Older High School Students) working with me to ensure the camp is fun and runs as smoothly as a camp can. We are hoping for 45 Children.

1 comment:

gjmj4 said...

It sounds like it is going to be a wonderful camp for the kids. Have the kids ever had an opportunity to attend a summer camp before??