This weekend/Monday was simply full of amazing first time events for me in my short 23 years of living. New adventures are also fun, they usually come with a funny but rewarding story behind them. Pictures will follow soon! Where do I begin...
…. I will begin with Saturday. Saturday was an amazing day. It started off with my first, FIRST! So... myself and 3 other PCVs and one of the PCV's friend who is interning at a Law Office in Dominica. Her dad and step mom were born in Dominica but she grow up in the States because her Dad moved to the States when he was a child but now lives in Dominica. As my feet were hanging on in the Hotel Pool (NO I did not stay in a hotel) but we did meet there to go WHALE WATCHING!! I have never really been on a boat before so that was a First and then I have not been WHALE WATCHING so it was killing a bird with two stones. There is about a 90% chase that you will see a Whale. For use we were in that 10%, we did not see a Whale but man did we see lots of Dolphins, I would say around fifty of them. They are extremely fun, energetic, good spirit animals, playing with the boat, jumping around, and splashing the boat. They were fun to watch. Most of you know, that know me, know I can make friends with almost anyone, young, old, middle, boy, girl, it does not matter. There was this very nice man from Bangladesh on the boat with me. He was an amazing man and complimented me on the work I was doing which is always reassuring to hear it from a stranger. Anyways, as we were talking, I was like “Why are you here” and he said “I do commentary for the Cricket Game!” More about the Cricket game in tomorrow post....
No comments:
Post a Comment