Thursday, April 30, 2009

Adventures of Washing Cloths..

Today I did Laundry. I started last night but it is a little longer process then I had excepted. So Yesterday was my test day and today was the REAL DEAL! It is not as easier as throwing the cloths in the washer and then throwing them in the dryer. So I would like to walk you through the process of doing laundry Dominican style.

First you fill the machine with water by using a bucket then you add the laundry detergent. Once that is completed throw in the cloths.



After you go through the 15 minute wash cycle twice it is time to grab the cloths out of the water and ring them out the best you can. I had a local tell me “I can tell you aren't a custom to doing laundry like this” as I struggle to ring out my cloths properly. Once you ring them out you put them into the blue bucket with fresh water to get out the soap. You dunk and ring out twice.



Then you put the cloths in the swing dryer. Heaviest cloths at the bottom.



Once that is completed you hang them on the line for the fresh air to dry them.



Repeat and continue until all cloths are washed.


Usually by the end of this I am wet from about waist down and my hands are freezing from being in the cold water for all that time! :o)

The key is to do the whites first because you use the same water for all of your loads. You just add a little fresh water in. Yes, some of you may be thinking, aren't you washing in dirty water. The answer is Yes, kinda, but we all make it work!

3 comments:

Cortnee Brennan said...

And to think... I hate doing laundry HERE!

gjmj4 said...

Boy, quite the process!!! Doesn't Dominica have a laundry mat to go to, where you can get it all done at once and the machines do it for you?? heheheh!!!!

AP said...

what a "hoot" i couldn't stop laughing when I was read the washing process. I just kept thinking -- I thought I had it bad!!!!! makes washing in Shelby twp a breeze

AP