Today is an island Holiday in Dominica. It is called Easter Monday (makes sense I know). Dominica has A LOT of island Holidays, I would say about one a month at least and basically for the last three weeks of December not a lot of work gets done because of Christmas. During the Christmas time a lot of Family is flying in from other areas or simply visiting so it is time surrounded around family and getting prepared for all of that. The longer I live in Dominica the more I grow to appreciate all of the extra Holidays. Yes it is nice to have the day off but the individuals use these days to spend time with there nearest and dearest. The individuals RELAX at the Beach and simply ENJOY instead of taking the day to running around and get last minute things done.
I had a BLAST today. I was able to clean and organize my room and pack a little bit. I went for a run and a walk up the road. I am not in Hill shape yet. Then I just hung out around the house. Lastly, I took a little tour with my host mother around the south part of the Island and then to Watten Waven to go in the Hot Springs. It is an amazing spot located in the middle of the Forest. We went at night so it was dark out and all of the animals were chic-chatting. The sounds of the rain forest offer a sense of contentment and peace. In the middle of the Forest their is three "Hot Baths." The Baths are very warm and have sulfur in them so they are really good for your skin. It was a very peaceful way to end my Easter Monday.
JOYS
1. A Beautiful Sunset over the Ocean
2. Being in between two bodies of water - The Caribbean Sea on the Right and the Atlantic Ocean on the left
3. A Solid Run to the Scenic View
4. SLEEPING In
5. Watching "Bring it On"
No comments:
Post a Comment