HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter- ate lots of Jelly Beans, chocolate Easter bunnies, and whatever other Easter candy that makes your soul happy. For those of you who do not celebrate Easter I hope you enjoyed your Sunday!
My Sunday was FANTASTIC!! The morning started off with a little bit of dizzlers (no surprise for the village I live in). Nothing to get stressed out about that your day is ruined. It rains about 3 to 4 times a week during the dry season. These are not down pours (usually) but rather little dizzlers and sprinklers just to water the grass and the flowers. It usually rains for less then a hour in the middle of the night or early morning. Anyways.. Today was the FIRST Month of "Michelle Birthday Club." I know I have talked about this before but each month I will be having A Birthday Party in the Village for ALL of the children under the age of 12. There will be special recanation for those that have Birthdays in that Month.
Today was the FIRST one and it was a SUCCESS!! There was about 20 to 25 children there. We ate popcorn, pizza, cake, and gum. A long with Juice to Drink. A lovely lady in the community donated the juice, pizza and cupcakes and because of a monetary donation for another community member we were able to get the gum and the popcorn. We ate a lot, played some tag games, had a Easter Water Balloon Hunt. Plastic Easter eggs are next to impossible to find in Dominica so we had to use what we had! Once they found the Water Balloons we had a toss. The kids seemed to enjoy it and I sure had a Blast!!
After cleaning about and all that good stuff. I go outside in my house on the veranda and I hear little voice Yelling "Miss Michelle" It would be my new friends I met at the Party! We chatted and played some "Thumb Wars" and then it was dinner time. About an hour after that- I am on my computer and look up to again hear Miss Michelle and see two little once in the kitcken and then into my bedroom. So I tell them I will Check them in 5 mins for our walk. We went for a walk, played some games and sang some songs.
It was getting late and WAY dark so as I was walking to pass to go home the old gentleman on the porch of the Shop stop to chat with me. Well after a chat I was challenge to a game. I cannot turn down a challenge so before I know it I was sitting on a stool just big enough for my behind playing Dominoes with a "Learner" who plays every night for the last 20 years of his life and "Granny" the shop owner. Domino's is very big in Dominica but it is usually played by Men only. The Dominoes they play in Dominica is a little different then the States. The biggest and really only difference is- you are given SEVEN Dominoes and you aren't allowed to pick from the pile if you do not have one. You simply tap and it passes onto the next person. If everyone taps the individuals with the lowest amount of Dominoes win. The scoring is a little different but I will not go into that!
My Day was filled with Laughs, Hugs and FUN!! Tomorrow is considered an island Holiday where everyone goes to the Beach. My host mother and myself will be going to the Waterfalls in a near by town for the afternoon. It should be fun!!
border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5324006185581139058" />Lastly... My Joys!
1. A SUCCESSFUL Birthday Party!
2. My precious little one looking up at me saying "You are kind"
3. A hand that was never empty during own walk
4. Another little precious soul coming up to me everyone few minutes asking me if I have won in Dominoes yet and how he wanted me to win!
5. CHILDREN!
6. This FANTASTIC Frosted Flakes meet honey and peanut cereal! It is my new FAVORITE
7. A lovely hug by a older lady I have never met before in Church
8. A little one being Baptised at church today and the scene of the Godfather hold this little one in his arms and his son is cuddled into his side
9. POST SECRET Sunday- My Favorite Secret is above my JOYS!
1 comment:
Wow, I am so glad your day was filled with so much happiness. I had no doubt you would throw one heck of a Birthday Party!!! Their is nothing like a smile and love from a child. Wow, off to the beach is a pretty good way to spend a "holiday" Well we are off to Vegas. Love you lots and lots, Mom and Dad xoxox
Post a Comment