Saturday, April 4, 2009

Joys of 4/4



This is the WHOLE Group of Peace Corps Trainee that are throughout the Eastern Caribbean Islands

The more I interact with Children the more I realize how much attention they desire and deserve but do not receive. It is always so amazing to me to see how the children faces light up when I walk up to the school or when I walk down to visit my "Baking Friends." There eyes light up like I am one of their nearest and dearest that they have not seen for months. It is such a feeling that touches my soul. As I continue my personal journey through the Peace Corps I know those moments will get me through the struggles and make the success even more sweet. I hope I can always treasure those moments of life.

My JOYS
1. Walking down to meet up with my "Baking Friends" and have the little one see me from around the corner and run at me with open arms as I scope her up into mine
2. Taking the boys down to the playing field to watch our village team play Cricket
3. Having someone so patiently break down the rules of this game called Cricket :o)
4. Have my amazing Uncle send me pictures of my fish because he understands how much I love the fish
5. Window shopping in Town today- Simply walking around with no agenda or time frame
6. Being able to journal- I was WAY behind
7. A new to me bag from the "Free Box" at the Peace Corps office (It is a GREAT bag from Barnes and Nobles that will be used as my grocery bag)
8. I am not sure if I mentioned this but April Birthday Month Party has been Sponsored!! YaY!!
9. The CUTEST puppies in the WORLD (I am tempered to ask the owner if I can buy one- but I am going to stick with my fish)
10. Hearing my name in town and throughout the village (It feels good knowing that people know who I am- it is the first step into integrating into the community)
11. Having my house set for me to move into
12. An amazing sister who updates her BLOG OFTEN and fills it with pictures so I am able to see my Nephew grow and all of his advantages
13. One of the boys I brought to the Cricket Match was suppose to tell me the rules of the game so I was asking a lot of questions. Then after a few minutes I asked him "Am I asking too many questions" and as honest as can be he answers "Yes." OoO the pure honesty of children!

LOTS of Joys today!!

LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!
M

2 comments:

Jen Holt said...

wow...14? how do i compete with that?

Jen Holt said...

ps. make sure you check out "my" blog, not austins, for a video of him!