Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Let Me Explain..

A few of my pictures need explanation that frankly I forgot to do. So I am going to explain now. You may need to refer back to the picture.

Picture from April 18, 2009
That would be MY AMAZING view from the little porch I have in front of my house. It is when the sun is about to set over the Caribbean Sea.

Picture from April 19,2009
That is one of my FAVORITE items I have in my kitchen. It is my THREE shelve SNACK Container. It is where all of the snack bowls start :o). Anyways... all of the food is recognizable because they are snacks from home except for the “DUX” wheat crackers. They are a small packet of nine crackers. I would compare them to “Club” crackers in the states but they are wheat and have a sweet taste to them. Also, if you look to the left of the “DUX” wheat crackers you will find a bag of cookies. Those are my FAVORITE cookies in Dominica. They are called “Festival Chocolate.” The cookies come in vanilla and strawberry as well. They are your basic chocolate cookie with vanilla filling inside. Not even close to “Oreo” though, the cracker is much thinner and not as sweet. (I never thought I could talk so much about crackers.)

Picture from April 20, 2009
That is a view from the north of the Island right outside of Portsmouth. We went to Port Shirley to learn about the history of the Island and we were in a castle type building and that is the view from the outside of a window.

Picture from April 21, 2009
This strange but DELIOUS fruit is called a “Sour So.” Also makes really good ice cream and juice! It has an amazing combination of sweet but sour. It is a very sassy fruit because if the fruit touches any sort of citrus it will not ripe. The key is to eat it as it is getting soft but not black. The fruit has large black seeds in the middle and it is best to eat it with a spoon. The texture is very soft and a little stringing, I cannot think of anything it compares to in the States. You can pull back little chucks of it from the center.

Picture from April 22, 2009
That is the MOMENT I became an OFFICIAL PEACE CORPS VOLLUNTEER!!

Picture from April 23, 2009
That is all of the LOVELY cards I have received so far. They make me smile knowing these people care and are thinking of me. I am going to hang them on the wall of my spare bedroom.

Picture from April 24, 2009
Well, those of you who know me, know I LOVE containers. It is another one of my FAVORITE items in my kitchen. Those are the containers that sit on my counter. They also serve another GREAT purpose. In MOST apartments/house there are these little food ants (they are a tad bigger then the red ants in the STATES). I am not joking they travel in groups of ATLEAST 50. It is very important to keep a clean house and no food around. So many individuals keep items in the refrigerate so the ants do not get to them . Since they are in the containers they are safe.

Picture from April 25, 2009
That basically explains it self. Those are my Grandparents at my “See You Soon” party. It made me smile so I posted it.

1 comment:

Jen Holt said...

Thank you. i was dying to know more about the "sassy" fruit!