Monday, April 27, 2009

Apartment

April 19,2009
On Saturday April 18, 2009 I moved into my new apartment. (The next blog will have ALL of the pictures of my apartment). I am absolutely in love with my apartment. From the pictures you can see that it is a two bedroom apartment. Which is perfect if any of my other Peace Corps Volunteers want to stay at my house or simply extra room because you all know I have A LOT of stuff. It is about 1 mile away from my Host Family and about 300 hundreds away from the Church my Host Family goes to and about 300 Hundreds yards in the other direction from another Peace Corps Volunteers that has been here for about 1.5 years. I am living in a different village but it is the twin village of the village I was living in. So basically it is one in the same but different names. I will just be doing the Birthday in my Host Family village with those children. I am going to miss those children. I was getting close to them and then I had to leave. Some of them go to school in my village so I will have them over for cookie making and crafts!
My two Landlords leave above me. They are simply delightful and amazing individuals. Today, Sunday April 19, 2009, I went over to her home for a delicious lunch of chicken wings, salad, beans, fig salad with crayfish (it is similar to potatoes salad but it is made with fig (which is Green Banana) instead of potatoes), baked Mac and Cheese, and rice with veggies. To say the least I had a lot of food and needed to take some back to my apartment for dinner tomorrow. It was an amazing. I have been blessed to be surrounded around amazing people everywhere I go. My landlords are good friends with Shirley my host mother. It is just great knowing that even though I am so fair away from home I am just surrounded around individuals looking at for my personal safety and making sure that I have everything that I need. It is just great to have an additional support system. It is just very unique to me because I have never been this close to my landlord let alone been invited to their home or for lunch. After lunch I laid on her floor with her and talked with her and her daughter. It was great to be around people and simply relax. I was thinking about it I have not laid on a floor in about 2 months because everywhere I have been there has not been carpet so I have been able to lay on the floor until today! YAY!!
Ironically enough I am watching John and Kate plus 8 at the moment while I type this. Sometime it is very difficult because even though I am WAY out of my element, moments like this watching John and Kate Plus 8 make me feel like I am home. Kate is driving me up the wall so I must change it :o) There was just an advisement talking about how someone should enjoy the waters of MICHIGAN!

No comments: